Tuesday 10 December 2013

Rubber lures rulez!

Planning this mission for a long time. Finally had a chance to try some lures which I bought overseas.

Place was really really far. From central Singapore (toa payoh) it took a 40mins drive to reach. Passing through some of Singapore's spookiest places.

Arriving unscathed quickly loaded up weapons and started casting on my classic zman 3in minnow.  Bam bam bam... few fishes up before release time.

Fish release and all the baiters were frantically casting to the net. As usual I rather let them have the net while I lure the parameter. 

No more bites on zman. So decided to switch tactics and try another brand a different colour and size.

First cast boom! and another and another!
Now the rest of the anglers are envious and I can feel their eyes piercing through me. Sheesshh... I dont care!

All went quiet during the last hour of my session.  Had a few bites here n there. dropped a few but loads of fun. Final tally was an assortment of pond varieties as the picture shows. Kbl, mj, taiwan (red drum), snapper.

Recently I feel zman has been losing its novelty and its ability to outfish bait. There are a few key differences between zman and other rubber lures which I will address at a later time.

For now, I got a new favourite rubber lure... still a secret...

No comments:

Post a Comment