Saturday 8 February 2014

Pahang River Luring

Being born and breed in Singapore, the biggest river I saw was the Singapore River which i could cast a popper to the other side of the bank. So coming here I had high hopes. I was not disappointed. 

First of all, the Pahang River is the longest river in West Malaysia. At almost 500km in length, it is a sight to behold.

I stopped at the quiet town of Triang for my vacation and had a short luring session. My friend did not promise me fishes but he promised me beautiful sights and I am totally in awed.

Driving along the river, one could see the magnificence of this mighty river. the sheer volume of water. the water column. Fisherman laying nets along the banks. You know that the people here depend on this river.

I have been told that there are patins, tilapias, common catfish, tapahs, snakeheads and other fishes.

However during my short session, I was not able to catch any but did see many fish surfacing in the water.

At least I got to eat a really good meal! Soon Hock cook in 3 different styles!










No comments:

Post a Comment